As architects we are registered with the ARB (Architects Registration Board) and have undergone rigorous training and assessment. This means we are bound by the ARB’s rules, giving you added peace of mind.
These rules mean that we:
- Are required to always act in our clients’ best interests, to act with honesty and integrity, be competent and to manage our business competently
- Create total environments, interior and exterior, which are pleasing and functional for the people who live, work and do business within them
- Have trained for years to take a brief and can see the big picture
- Look beyond your immediate requirements to design flexible buildings that will adapt with your changing needs
- Solve problems creatively, yet with technical competence: we have trained for years to acquire these skills
- When involved at the earliest planning stage, gain more opportunities to understand your aspirations, develop creative solutions, and propose ways to reduce costs
- Act as your consultant: the ARB code of conduct requires that we have no business arrangements with contractors, suppliers or other consultants that are not declared to you
- Are required to be absolutely transparent about financial matters. Appointing an architect gives you true certainty over the value that you achieve in your project with no hidden costs
- Are required to carry insurance at an appropriate level
- Can save you time. As we are highly trained the design, planning and construction phases are handled efficiently
- Can save you money by maximising your investment
- Will produce a well-designed building that can reduce your bills now and increase its long-term value with its inherent quality
- Manage and co-ordinate key project elements so you can focus on your own activities
- Can manage your project from site selection to completion
In many building projects our role as architects includes co-ordinating a team of specialist consultants such as landscape architects, engineers, quantity surveyors, interior designers, builders and subcontractors. Because we are ARB-registered we have to take responsibility so will advise you as far, as reasonably possible, on the need to engage any other consultants and co-ordinate them if you require.
About the ARB
The ARB is the body set up by Parliament as the independent UK regulator of architects. Anyone who is involved in designing and constructing buildings, and calls themselves as an architect, must be registered with them. They can take action if someone wrongly calls themselves an architect or if an architect fails to act professionally.
Well Conceived Design
"Thank you for attending the planning hearing. The unanimous vote in favour of the design is quite an achievement considering we added nearly 100sqm to the property." P Winter
Get in touch
We will respond to your enquiry whatever the size of your project, and will be happy to meet you to discuss it further.Contact us